Technology Writer & Analyst
Advancing Knowledge in IT Trends, Technology Startup Issues,
Innovation and Growth, Software, Mobile, Apps, Data Storage, Web Services,
Cloud Computing, Collaboration, Social Media, and More
- Articles & White Papers
- Content Strategy/Development
- Message Development & Positioning
- Industry Relationships
"White papers remain the most effective piece of marketing
collateral, with 86% of respondents finding them moderately to
highly influential in the purchasing decision."
- The findings of a study by Eccolo Media,
as reported in B2B Magazine.
Could you use a writer with 25 years of broad technology experience?
Email Graeme now to discuss your writing project
Read more about Graeme here:
1) His background and experience
2) His profile at CloudBook:"Where the Cloud Community Connects"
Graeme blogs here:
1) Graeme Thickins On Tech™
2) Minnov8 (regular contributor and podcast participant)
... and has guest blogged at several others.
Graeme has been named twice to the list of "Top 100 Analyst Bloggers" published
by Edelman UK's blog Technobabble 2.0, where he has been ranked #52. He has also been named to their list of
"Top Analyst Twitterers," where he has been ranked #13. This is Graeme's Twitter page.
Here's a Sampling of Graeme's Published Work:
Could you use a writer with 25+ years of broad technology experience?
- Article: Gluecon 2012: Top developers gather at Gluecon - but first, a 'Cloud Camp'
(published by RCRwireless.com, May 23, 2012)
- Article: Gluecon 2012: How does one summarize a Twitter firehose like the first day of Gluecon?
(published by RCRwireless.com, May 24, 2012)
- Article: Gluecon 2012 Day 2: Developers hash over multitude of issues
(published by RCRwireless.com, May 29, 2012)
- White paper: The Evolution to a Virtual Data Center
(ghost-written for Datalink, August 2010)
- Blog post: Is #Fcommerce Inherently F***ed? A Recent Media Report Suggests So, But a Minnesota Startup Begs to Differ
(published February 18, 2012)
- Blog post: Minnesota Mobile Developers Clocking Millions of Downloads
(published by Minnov8.com, May 2, 2010)
- Blog post archive: My many posts categorized as "IT" or "software"...going back several years
- Blog post: The "Regional" Cloud: A Case Study
(published by ReadWriteWeb, April 21, 2010)
- Blog post: It Was Cloud Week in Minneapolis, and All the Cool Kids (and Old Guys!) Were There
(published by Minnov8.com, April 21, 2009 - also appeared the same day at CloudAve.com)
- Article: The State of VC Investing in Digital Media Startups
(published by eContent Magazine, April 7, 2009)
- Blog post: How Tough Is It Today Being a VC? 10 Questions for Two Early-Stage Stars
(published by ReadWriteWeb, April 1, 2009)
- Article: 'Cloud Computing' Book Will Examine Hottest IT Trend
(published by Minnov8.com, October 28, 2008)
- Article: "Zen and the Art of Startup Maintenance"
(published by Chief Executive magazine online, May 9, 2008)
- Article: "Minnesota's Internet Tech Crowd Flexes Its Muscle"
(published by MinnPost.com, May 13, 2008)
- Article: "Tech Coast Angels Founder: 'Process' Was Key to Success"
(published in The Angel Journal, March 2007)
- White Paper: "Email-Archiving Regulatory Compliance for Small and Midsized Firms (SMBs)"
(written for Sony Electronics and Intradyn Inc.)
- Analyst Report: "Compliance: Do No Evil" (commissioned by Byte & Switch Insider).
An extensive research and writing project I completed on how data storage and email archiving
are impacted by regulatory compliance, including a survey of vendor solutions.
- Cover Story:
"How Does Storage Fit Into Utility Computing?"
(freelanced for InfoStor, and also appeared in InfoStor Europe)
- Article: "What Makes Some Startups Succeed? Surprising Findings..."
Darwin Magazine, an IDG publication....companion site to CIO.com
- Research Report:
"The Byte and Switch Insider 2003 VC Report" (August 2003) -
Byte and Switch, the Global Site for Storage Networking....a publication of Light Reading Inc.
This site is the leading news & information resource for the storage and storage-networking
industry. The editors commissioned me to write this report, which tracks investment for the past
year in this very hot sector and includes a wealth of previously unpublished information, plus
several charts and tables detailing investment by category, the most active VCs, etc. It looks at
trends, technologies, and the outlook for the subsequent year, quoting several of the industry's
leading VCs and analysts.
- Article: "UTILITY COMPUTING: The Next New IT Model" (April 2003) - published by Darwin Magazine,
and also appeared on their parent company's site, IDG.net, plus on a site called UtilityComputing.com,
based in the UK, and on the CIO Magazine-Australia web site.
- Article: "STORAGE: Taking Aim at the Mainstream Market" (December 2002) - Darwin Magazine, an IDG site
- Article: "BRANDING: What's in a Name? Well, Everything" (July 2002) - Darwin Magazine, an IDG site
(this article also appeared on the Computerworld-Australia site
and on BrandChannel.com in the Brand Papers section)
For more information, please email me at: graeme (at) thickins.com.
Let me know if you have a potential assignment or engagement, and I'd be happy to discuss.
| GT&A Home |